Friday, November 4, 2011

**Knock Knock**

Ok  I'm back..  I'm not able to post here from work so it is hard to remember it when I am home.  Again, I do blog at obesityhelp.com under lj1972, so I can go there to catch up.

  In general - I struggled with depression for a bit.  Then, on 10/23 my mom went to the ER for shortness of breath. She was admitted for CHF at Sacred Heart Hospital (the medical abyss).  They kept her there, in bed constantly, from Sunday until Thursday evening. The staff had to help her move around on the bed and they mauled her fractured knee.  She was never even allowed to sit on the edge of the bed, I assume because it would have been a hassle for the nurses to get her back in bed.
  At any rate, when they were ready to discharge her on Thursday evening my mom was completely unable to stand. The nurses basically picked her up and put her in her wheelchair and told my dad to call the fire department to help get her in bed!  I was furious!!!
   Ensley fire department came and helped us get her in bed, and there she has stayed for about 8 days. She is unable to stand to go to the bathroom so my dad cleans her up and we change her sheets. Most days she can stand a few seconds so we can drag the sheets out from under her, but today she wasn't able to stand at all.  Home healthcare nurse came out today and ordered a hospital bed and physical therapy.. Here's praying something works.

  I have worked out 2x with the fitness trainer. Today was brutal but I think I did better than the week before.  I haven't worked out in about a month.
   October 13-16 I spent camping at Coldwater with Rio and Buddy. I had a really good time.  My horse trailer was supposed to be ready on 10/12, but I STILL don't have it.  The trainer took Buddy out for me and then brought him home.  I want to camp again - soon! It was so much fun to just sit with Buddy and Rio.



  I see Dr. Friedman next week for official weight stuff, but last week the trainer did measurements and I weighed 266....  87lbs lost since February!  A total of 30.25 inches!

Forearm -
July   -  13.5
August - 13.5
September - 12.75
October - 12.0
Total to date - 1.5 inches


Arm (upper) -July -  21.0
August- 20.75
Sept    - 20.00
October - 18.5
Total to Date - 2.5inches

Chest -
July -  52.5
August - 51.0
Sept  - 47.75
October - 45.5

Total to date - 7.5 inches
Waist -
July -  47.75
August - 47.0
Sept - 43.0
October - 42.5

Total to date - 5.25 inches

Abdomen -
July -  47.0
August - 47.0
Sept - 45.5
October - 44.5
Total to Date - 2.5 inches

Hips

July - 60  (I actually don't think the 60" measuring tape went all the way around, she was being nice)
August - 58.75
Sept  - 56.0
October - 53.5 
Total to date 6.5 inches!! YAY!

Thigh -

July -  35.0
August - 35.0
Sept  - 33.25
October - 32.0
Total to date - 3 inches

Calf -
July - 22.5
August - 22.0
Sept  - 21.25
October - 21.00Total to date - 1.5 inches





 According to the gym Tanita scale my BMI is 42.9 (down from 51.7 first weigh in at the gym with the trainer) and my Fat % is 49.1% compared to a start of 55.1%.  I'll wait to make it official with Dr. Friedman. My sessions with my counselor are tough some times. There are days I wonder why I am still going?  I figure that is the depression though, which is improving and would probably be fine if my mom was doing better.

  I work with Buddy most days. He is doing so great. Rio is supposed to have his 2nd ACL surgery on Tuesday 11/8.

 Friday 10/28 I met pet photographer Allison Shamrell and had photos made with Rio and Rags. I am so happy with the "sneak peek" !!










The photos were done at The Bluffs - LOTS of stairs!! Then, the next morning I walked my first ever 5k!! It went pretty well except my foot was sore from the Bluffs.  I have already signed up for another 5k in a couple of weeks, with more in my sights.   :)

  Things are busy and hopeful and frightening.

No comments:

Post a Comment