Friday, September 30, 2011

Follow Ups

Yesterday was my 6wk follow up with Dr. Friedman and his dietician.  I have lost 20lbs since surgery (they were happy with that.... I am "eh...").  He said for me to keep working out at the gym even though it will mean slower weight loss. I will, and I want to... but honestly it is difficult to not just sit back and let the weight drop off first.  But, I guess being healthy is more important.  Sigh.      :)

    I was super tired yesterday so I stopped at Wendy's on the way to work and got a BLT Cobb salad.  I ate part of the chicken, some cheese and few leafs of baby spinach and romaine. No problem.  I nibbled on a little more after staff meeting and within an hour I had gas pains so bad I seriously thought I was going to have to head to the ER. I took 5 GasX strips with no relief. I walked. I sat on the toilet (sorry).   I wanted to cry.  When I finally got home, after driving doubled over the steering wheel, I tended the animals very quickly and then took a hot shower. I let it hit my cramping back and abdomen and by the time the water started running a little less warm I felt better. Mercy - no more raw leafy greens for me for a while!!

  Today I have a nagging depression.  I need to go work in the garden. I HAVE to go work in the garden, but I really just want to go back to bed.  I am going to a football game for a friend's nephew - not excited but it is hanging out with my friends so I'll go.  Tomorrow is the Humane Society's Barktoberfest, so I will be going to that as well. It is supposed to be very cool (low 50's) tonight with a high around 78 tomorrow.  Maybe after Barktoberfest I will go the Farmer's Market and then take the dogs on down to the Bluffs ... see how Rio and I handle the stairs.

 Speaking of Rio - I told them at the vet as soon as I get his knee surgery paid off I am going to drop him off on a Monday morning and not pick him up until the find out why he is lame.  It kills me to watch my 3yr old dog not able to get up off the floor.  I am so scared he will end up like my old Matilda and be in arthritic misery for the last half of his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment